presented by Northern Clay Center
LOCATION: The Mall near Humboldt Avenue
OVERVIEW: Northern Clay Center proudly presents the 2013 Uptown Art Festival Family Imagination Station. All ages and abilities are welcome to participate in this FREE activity.
- Get in touch with your inner artist as you create clay art under the theme of Happy 50thAnniversary Uptown Art Fair! Grab your friends and family, along with your creative spirit, and help the art fair celebrate its 50th Anniversary in style. Spend a few hours or a few days at Northern Clay Center’s Family Imagination Station and give yourself, and your kids, the anniversary gift of creativity!
- All ages and abilities welcome! Projects will be fired at Northern Clay Center and available for pickup at NCC (2424 Franklin Ave E) after August 27, 2013. See schedule below for times and specific projects.
- Watch as potters turn wet lumps of clay into beautiful pots—ongoing potter’s wheel demonstrations Friday through Sunday, August 2 – 4.
- Find information about the latest class offerings, exhibitions and exciting opportunities with clay.
Happy Anniversary Uptown Art Fair
A variety of anniversary-themed projects can be made by participants throughout the weekend. Opportunities for individual and collaborative pieces will be available.
- In honor of the 50th anniversary, make your own pot of gold and pair it with a suitable leprechaun, perfect for your summer dining centerpiece or garden.
- Make your own commemorative tile, depicting a scene from your favorite Uptown Art Fair memory.
- Raise your glass (or mug) to Uptown Art Fair and create your own unique mug, or other drinking vessel fit for your favorite celebratory drink.
- Everyone loves a party animal – keep the party going with musical animal shakers in the shape of birds, fish, lions, tigers, cats, dogs, or groundhogs.
- Be a collaborating artist and leave your own mark on a large, clay anniversary cake. Contribute a handmade clay flower or one-of-a-kind candle to a new cake each day. All three anniversary cakes will be fired and glazed, then displayed at the Uptown Offices and NCC.