SUBARU FAMILY IMAGINATION STATION Presented by Northern Clay Center
WHEN: Daily during Art Fair hours
WHERE: On the top of The Mall
Subaru is proud to sponsor the 2017 Family Imagination Station Presented by Northern Clay Center. All ages and abilities are welcome to participate in this FREE activity. Get in touch with your inner artist and learn to make a plethora of clay objects as you find your creativity with their community of artist makers. Spend a few hours or a few days at the Subaru Family Imagination Station and uncover your love for clay and the arts. You can also watch in awe as talented local ceramic artists demonstrate their versatility on the potter’s wheel with ongoing demonstrations all weekend.
A variety of SUMMER-themed projects can be made by participants throughout the weekend!
- Fruit is a staple of summer, and whether you purchased it at the farmer’s market or grew it in your backyard, it’s bound to need a wash and a festive presentation. Keep your berries clean and fresh in a berry bowl you made yourself!
- Who doesn’t like looking for critters in the mud? Create your very own creatures to live outdoors that surprise your friends and family! These garden sculptures are a fun addition to your landscape.
- Cool off from the major summer heat with some ice cream in a cone bowl! This project takes the gluten out of the equation but still encourages dessert. YUM!
- Everyone needs a reminder to play. Create a finger puppet out of clay and put on a show with your friends. The characters are endless when they come from your imagination.
- With August comes the beginning of fall sports season. Come get your finger muscles moving and flex your creativity by making a sport themed sculpture.
- We Minnesotans all have a favorite lake. Come create a lake tile to remember the summer fun all year long! This versatile project can be easily adapted into coasters or hung on the wall.
- Preserve your favorite family summer memory in a clay figurine!
Thank you to Subaru for sponsoring this creative component of the art fair. Subaru of America was founded in 1968 and is headquartered in Cherry Hill, NJ with regional office located across the US. Subaru proudly works with charities and organizations that share their values in Outdoor Adventure, Learning, Pets, the Earth and the act of Caring.