FRIDAY, AUGUST 2, 2013: noon-8 p.m.
SATURDAY, AUGUST 3, 2013: 10 a.m.-8 p.m.
SUNDAY, AUGUST 4, 2013: 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
LOCATION: Lake Street and Hennepin Avenue and “The Mall” in Southwest Minneapolis.
* Professional works of art ranging from limited editions to one-of-a-kind treasures in each of 12 media including sculpture, painting, ceramics, jewelry, mixed media, and more. Over 340 talented fine artists from around the world!
* Tomorrow’s Stars youth art fair in Calhoun Square- the future of the Uptown Art Fair
* Festival food and ice-cold beverages from over 20 vendors
* Non-stop entertainment- ranging from reggae to magic- on the performance stage located in the Old Chicago parking lot
* Wine for tasting and purchase in the newly expanded outdoor wine garden located at Old Chicago
* Interactive art activities at the Family Imagination Station
* A Culinary Arts Competition pairing up local chefs and artists to compete while creating dazzling art
ACHIEVEMENTS: The Uptown Art Fair is the winner of nearly 100 International Festivals and Events Association (IFEA) Pinnacle Awards. The Pinnacles recognize the highest quality in promotional programs and materials produced by IFEA’s more than 3,000 member festivals and events around the world. They are the most prestigious awards in the special events industry. Art Fair Sourcebook listed the 2007 Uptown Art Fair as 8th in the nation. The Harris Guide ranked it the #1 Art Fair in Minnesota.
ATTENDANCE: An average of 375,000 people attend annually, making the Art Fair #2 in statewide event attendance, second only to the Minnesota State Fair.