Friday: 12 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Sunday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
DOWNLOAD THE OFFICIAL 2017 UPTOWN ART FAIR PROGRAM!
2017 UPTOWN ART FAIR PROGRAM
CALL FOR JUDGES
The Uptown Art Fair is now accepting resumes for its 54th year. We are looking for on-site judges who show thorough knowledge of any one or more of the media represented within our fair (2-D Mixed Media, 3-D Mixed Media, Ceramics, Drawing, Fiber, Glass, Jewelry, Painting, Photography, Printmaking, Sculpture, Wood).
Judges are selected as specialists in their media and are escorted around the grounds to view each artist in that media, then go on to select the Best of Show, Top Ten Percent, and Best of Best of Show winners.
You must not have been a Judge with the Uptown Art Fair within the past 3 years.
Applicants must be available 10:30 am – 5:00 pm, Friday August 4, 2017.
A stipend of $150 and VIP credentials (allowing access into VIP areas within the fairgrounds) will be awarded after completion.
Please send resume with contact information by Monday, July 21 to:
Program Coordinator, Uptown Association
THE UPTOWN ART FAIR FEATURES:
- Professional works of art ranging from limited editions to one-of-a-kind treasures in each of 12 media including sculpture, painting, ceramics, jewelry, mixed media, and more. Over 350 talented fine artists from around the world!
- A Youth Art Fair inside Calhoun Square, giving young artists between 8-18 years the opportunity to display and sell their artwork
- A variety of culinary delights from 25 different food vendors and ice-cold beverages available throughout the fair
- Non-stop entertainment – ranging from reggae, folk, indie, pop, soul, improv, swing dancing and more – on the Performance Stage
- Enjoy a cold, refreshing beverage in the several beer gardens
- Interactive art activities at the Family Imagination Station brought to you by Northern Clay Center and more activities located in the Charitable Partner Tent
- The Kitchen Window Culinary Arts Competition teams chefs and artists to create the most dazzling culinary art
ACHIEVEMENTS: The Uptown Art Fair is the winner of over 140 International Festivals and Events Association (IFEA) Pinnacle Awards. The Pinnacles recognize the highest quality in promotional programs and materials produced by IFEA’s more than 3,000 member festivals and events around the world. They are the most prestigious awards in the special events industry. Art Fair Sourcebook listed the 2007 Uptown Art Fair as 8th in the nation. The Harris Guide ranked it the #1 Art Fair in Minnesota. ATTENDANCE: Nearly 400,000 people attend annually, making the Art Fair #2 in statewide event attendance, second only to the Minnesota State Fair.
Central location – Lake Street & Hennepin Avenue, Minneapolis