ARTIST APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED NOVEMBER 1 – FEBRUARY 3
THE UPTOWN ART FAIR FEATURES:
- Professional works of art ranging from limited editions to one-of-a-kind treasures in each of 12 media including sculpture, painting, ceramics, jewelry, mixed media, and more. Over 350 talented fine artists from around the world!
- A Youth Art Fair inside Calhoun Square, giving young artists between 8-18 years the opportunity to display and sell their artwork
- A variety of culinary delights from 25 different food vendors and ice-cold beverages available throughout the fair
- Non-stop entertainment – ranging from reggae, folk, indie, pop, soul, improv, swing dancing and more – on the Performance Stage
- Enjoy a cold, refreshing beverage in the Summit Beer Garden. The beer garden features Summit’s classic varieties
- Interactive art activities at the Family Imagination Station brought to you by Northern Clay Center
- The Kitchen Window Culinary Arts Competition teams chefs and artists to create the most dazzling culinary art
ACHIEVEMENTS: The Uptown Art Fair is the winner of over 140 International Festivals and Events Association (IFEA) Pinnacle Awards. The Pinnacles recognize the highest quality in promotional programs and materials produced by IFEA’s more than 3,000 member festivals and events around the world. They are the most prestigious awards in the special events industry. Art Fair Sourcebook listed the 2007 Uptown Art Fair as 8th in the nation. The Harris Guide ranked it the #1 Art Fair in Minnesota. ATTENDANCE: Nearly 400,000 people attend annually, making the Art Fair #2 in statewide event attendance, second only to the Minnesota State Fair.
Central location – Lake Street & Hennepin Avenue, Minneapolis
This time-lapse video features the creation of a community canvas designed and orchestrated by local artist Shane Anderson of Anderson Illustrations. whose gallery is located inside Calhoun Square, with “artist” assistance provided by members of the Uptown community at the Uptown Art Fair Jury Reception on March 4, 2016 at the Sheraton Midtown Hotel in Minneapolis.